- April 7, 2014
- Learning Library
Purchasing a car can be exciting and scary. Follow some of the tips below to help ensure that you have a pleasant experience and get the best possible deal.
Car Buying Tips:
- Buy when you don’t have to – Don’t wait until your present car has broken down and you’re desperate.
- Shop for special financing first – Consider getting a pre-approval so you know you’re getting the best possible rate.
- Compare incentives – Shop around for different deals to reduce the price of the car.
- Know what you’re buying – Do your research!
- Know your old car’s value – Make sure you know how much it’s worth so you can take into account the trade in value.
- Don’t show your emotions – The more uninterested you seem, the better deal you may get.
If purchasing a Pre-owned Car Also Consider the follow Tips:
- Look for hidden problems – Accidents, mechanical problems, technical problems, scratches, dents, leaks, etc. are key items to look for.
- Do your research – Compare vehicles and don’t settle on the first car you look at.
- Have an authorized dealership rate the vehicle – You should also consider the resale value of the vehicle.
- Test drive the vehicle – Check out the brakes and the overall handling of the vehicle.
Take our interactive VEHICLE BUYING COACH for more tips and to help you prepare for the car buying process.