Participate In Our Scholarship Contest
Scholarship recipients, or acceptable representatives, are required to attend an awards ceremony during Viriva’s 82nd Annual Meeting in April 2018.
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE
- 2018 SCHOLARSHIP TOPICS
- 2018 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
- SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST RULES
- VIEW THE 2017 SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS
Up to $5,000 in total awarded provided annually
- Two (2) $1,000 Scholarships to be awarded to qualifying high school seniors for their freshman
year of college or trade/technical school
- One (1) $1,000 Scholarship to be awarded to a qualifying college or trade/technical school student entering his/her sophomore, junior, or senior year
- Two (2) $500 High School Scholarships to be awarded to qualifying high school students entering his/her freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year
- One (1) $1,000 Scholarship to be awarded to a qualifying adult that have had a gap in their education and is returning to or is continuing to further their education
Awards can be used to alleviate the cost of:
Room & Board
And much more
- Students beginning or continuing their education at high school, trade/technical school, or college
- Adults that have had a gap in their education and is returning to or is continuing to further their education
- All applicants must posses a minimum 2.5 GPA or equivalent grade average
Applicants MUST be a primary member of Viriva (define as being a primary Savings Account holder) on or before the scholarship deadline. Immediate family members of Scholarship Committee members are not eligible to apply for the scholarship during the year served. Staff, volunteers and their immediate family members are not eligible.
Who is eligible to join Viriva?
- Anyone who lives, works, worships, attends school, or volunteers in Bucks, Delaware,Montgomery or Philadelphia Counties in Pennsylvania
- Immediate family members of existing members
How to join: Interested scholarship applicants who are not currently members of Viriva may apply for membership any time before the scholarship deadline. The only membership requirement is a minimum $5 deposit to open a Savings Account. For more information contact us at 888-7-VIRIVA.
Scholarship Guidelines for both Video and Essay submissions:
- Must be a member of Viriva
- Content must be about one of the qualified topics
- Must submit all of the following items:
– A completed application form
– Your typed essay or video file
– An official copy of your transcript
– Your report card or other official document which identifies your GPA
- By submitting an essay/video to this contest, you grant to Viriva an irrevocable, royalty-free license to copy, distribute, modify, display and perform publicly, and otherwise use, as well as authorize others to use, your video for any educational purpose and in any media format.
- Viriva reserves the right to make your essay/video and or, your name and photograph available to the general public from our Web sites, other Internet sites associated with Viriva, newsletters, conference, television and other forms of media outlets.
Completed applications can be submitted electronically by emailing all items to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to: 1423 Spruce Street Philadelphia, PA 19102 Attn: Marketing.
Additional rules for typed entries only:
- Essay must be a minimum of 1500 words
- Essay must be typed
- Contest entrants must refrain from using their last name on the written essay as we will have this on their application
Additional rules for video entries only:
- Contest entrants must refrain from using their last name in the video as we will have this on their application.
- Contest entrants must submit the video electronically via email and hard disk to Viriva on or before contest deadline.
- Must have permission to use all content that’s filmed. Your video must not infringe on any third party rights.
- Videos must not exceed 10 minutes in length and 128GB in total size. The video must be in: .MOV, .MPEG4, MP4, .AVI, .WMV, .MPEGPS, .FLV, 3GPP or WebM file formats. Videos that do not meet these requirements will be disqualified from this contest.
- No depiction of violence, profanity, sex, or the inclusion of attacks on individuals or organizations, and otherwise offensive material, will be deemed unacceptable and will otherwise result in disqualification from this contest.
« Go Back