Participate In Our Annual Scholarship Contest!
The 2017 Scholarship contest is now closed. Entrants will be notified by April 5th if you have been selected as a scholarship recipient.
Scholarship recipients, or acceptable representatives, will be required to attend an awards ceremony during Viriva’s 81st Annual Meeting. The meeting will be held on Thursday April 27, 2017 at 7:15 PM at the University of the Arts, Connelly Auditorium, Terra Building, 211 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107.
Please email email@example.com for additional information.
The Credit Union’s Scholarship Contest includes:
- Two (2) $1,000 Scholarships will be awarded to qualifying high school seniors for their freshman
year of college or trade/technical school;
- One (1) $1,000 Scholarship will be awarded to a qualifying college or trade/technical school student entering his/her sophomore, junior, or senior year;
- Two (2) $500 High School Scholarships will be awarded to qualifying high school students entering his/her freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year; and
- One (1) $1,000 Scholarship will be awarded to a qualifying adult that have had a gap in their education and is returning to or is continuing to further their education.
Awards can be used to alleviate the cost of:
Room & Board
And much more
You can submit either a video or written essay on one of our approved topics. For video and essay guidelines please review the SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST RULES.
- This program is open to students beginning or continuing their education at high school, trade/technical school, or college. Adults that have had a gap in their education and is returning to or is continuing to further their education is also now eligible.
Current and new members of Viriva Community Credit Union who join before the scholarship deadline and possess a minimum 2.5 GPA or equivalent grade average.
Applicants MUST be a primary savings account holder at Viriva Community Credit Union.
Immediate family members of Scholarship Committee members are not eligible to appy for the scholarship during the year served. Staff, volunteers and their immediate family members are not eligible.
Who is eligible to join Viriva Community Credit Union?
- Anyone who lives, works, worships, attends school, or volunteers in Bucks, Delaware,Montgomery or Philadelphia Counties in Pennsylvania.
- Immediate family members of existing members.
How to Join: Interested scholarship applicants who are not currently members of the Credit Union may apply for membership any time before the scholarship deadline. If the member is between the ages of 13 through 17, he/she must complete a Teen Membership Application for the Money Masters Club Account. A parent/guardian must be a joint owner on the account. The only membership requirement is a minimum $5 deposit to open a Savings account. For more information contact our Phone Center at 888-7-VIRIVA, or 215-333-1201 for local calls.
Scholarship Guidelines for both Video and Essay submissions:
- Must be a member of Viriva Community Credit Union,
- Content must be about one of the qualified topics,
- Must submit all of the following items:
– A completed application form;
– Your typed essay or video file;
– An official copy of your transcript;
– Your report card or other official document which identifies your GPA.
- By submitting an essay/video to this contest, you grant to Viriva Community Credit Union an irrevocable, royalty-free license to copy, distribute, modify, display and perform publicly, and otherwise use, as well as authorize others to use, your video for any educational purpose and in any media format.
- Viriva Community Credit Union reserves the right to make your essay/video and or, your name and photograph available to the general public from our Web sites, other Internet sites associated with Viriva Community Credit Union, newsletters, conference, television and other forms of media outlets.
Completed applications can be submitted electronically by emailing all items to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: 1423 Spruce Street Philadelphia, PA 19102 Attn: Marketing.
Additional rules for typed entries only:
- Essay must be a minimum of 1500 words;
- Essay must be typed;
- Contest entrants must refrain from using their last name on the written essay as we will have this on their application.
Additional rules for video entries only:
- Contest entrants must refrain from using their last name in the video as we will have this on their application.
- Contest entrants must submit the video electronically via email and hard disk to Viriva CCU on or before contest deadline.
- Must have permission to use all content that’s filmed. Your video must not infringe on any third party rights.
- Videos must not exceed 10 minutes in length and 128GB in total size. The video must be in: .MOV, .MPEG4, MP4, .AVI, .WMV, .MPEGPS, .FLV, 3GPP or WebM file formats. Videos that do not meet these requirements will be disqualified from this contest.
- No depiction of violence, profanity, sex, or the inclusion of attacks on individuals or organizations, and otherwise offensive material, will be deemed unacceptable and will otherwise result in disqualification from this contest.
« Go Back